2011-08-04

Secularism Makes another Step Towards Postmodernism

I may have to recant this one.

Via The Friendly Atheist

It turns out that someone is starting an academic secular journal.

I've never respected any "academic journal" that takes an a priori social/political position.  It is especially disturbing when it comes from my side.  We've seen enough of this crap from the foo studies departments.

There isn't anything close to C.V.s of the editors on the site so I know nothing about their standing in their respective disciplines, or even what they are for many of them and I'm too lazy to google 24 names.

If it actually gets off the ground I'm predicting a lot of "studies" designed to show secularism good-theism bad, not honest research.  There are already journals for economics, sociology, psychology, demographics, history etc.  If the work is good it will be published in those.

I don't know if they have aggregator journals.  If they don't this would be a field to start one, but for original publication, I predict a lot of less than first rate work.


I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment